UTF-8 demo web page

From: Frank da Cruz (fdc@watsun.cc.columbia.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 14:38:48 EST

To dramatize the utility of UTF-8 for representing many language on one
page (or screen) in plain text, I made a short page here:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/utf8.html

The first part you've seen before. There's a new bit in Greek, and then
the sentence "I can eat glass but it doesn't hurt me" in an assortment
of languages, cribbed in part from:

  http://hcs.harvard.edu/~igp/glass.html

augmented from other sources, and converted (with Kermit of course) to
UTF-8.

Note there is no special encoding on this page -- the text is raw UTF-8.

If anybody can contribute this sentence in other languages, and/or short
snippets of classic poetry or literature, all such donations will be
gratefully accepted. Ditto for corrections to what's there now -- I'm sure
it must be full of mistakes.

Thanks!

- Frank