Re: Japanese RTL (was RE: Mongolian (was RE: Syriac and Mongolian

From: A. Vine (avine@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 20:03:59 EST

Sorry Ken, your empirical evidence doesn't convince me. And one's eyes can
definitely go to a portion of the character, be it the top or right or left.

I am not asserting anything, but I am asking the question. I _really_ would
like the native (people who have learned in an immersion environment from a very
young age as their primary reading system) readers to respond.

Andrea

--
Andrea Vine, avine@eng.sun.com
Sun-Netscape Alliance i18n architect