Conversion of DBCS / MBCS characters to UTF8

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 13:05:23 EST

Magda Danish - Administrative Director
Unicode, Inc. - (650)693-3921

-----Original Message-----
From: Kedar Moghe []
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 7:13 PM
To: ''
Subject: I need some support.

       I work with Quark Media House (URL: Here, I am
developing a software product for Japanese market, which requires conversion
of DBCS / MBCS characters to UTF8 and vice versa. Basically, it is
Windows/NT environment. The product uses CORBA and Web-Technologies. I am
facing this problems in Win32 based code specifically. We don't prefer MFC
at all. So, can you help me out, if you have time. Please give your
suggestions/guidelines. If you can suggest a platform independent solution
then it will be better.

Best regards,

Kedar Moghe