Re: Conversion of DBCS / MBCS characters to UTF8

From: Paul Keinanen (keinanen@sci.fi)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 14:03:08 EST

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:56:45 -0800 (PST), "Magda Danish (Unicode)"
<v-magdad@microsoft.com> wrote:

>______________________________________
>Magda Danish - Administrative Director
>Unicode, Inc. - (650)693-3921

I am not sure if I understood the problem correctly, but you could
convert the Japanese DBCS/MBCS codepage to 16 bit Unicode characters
using the MultiByteToWideChar Win32 API and then convert those Unicode
characters to UTF-8 using WideCharToMultiByte and specifying the code
page as CP_UTF8. To convert in the opposite direction the same
routines can be called with different parameters.

Note that the CP_UTF8 "code page" for converting from/to Unicode is
only supported on Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000, so if support for
Windows NT 3.51 is required, these simple conversions may have to be
written.

Paul Keinänen