RE: Unicode 3.0 press statements

From: Janko Stamenovic (janko@teletrader.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 13:21:56 EST

Well...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com [mailto:Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com]
> Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 5:59 PM
> To: Unicode List
> (...)
> *** Latin script
> 332000000 SPANISH
(...)
> 12000000 CZECH

As far as I know here somewhere must be Serbian -- especially counting
people out of the main country (Serbs in Bosnia, for example). If 10M is not
reliable, although cited somewhere, 8M is much more certain number.

> (...)
> 7047400 NAPOLETANO-CALABRESE
>
> *** Cyrillic script
> 170000000 RUSSIAN
> 41000000 UKRAINIAN
(...)
> 10200000 BELARUSAN

As far as I know, here somewhere must be Serbian again.

>(...)
> 7059000 NORTH AZERBAIJANI

Now I am becoming affraid that people who had to make lists like this
supported bombing just to solve such problems, like "where to count them"
(joke).