FW: Do not open email with "check this" subject line it is a virus...

From: Massimo Fuchs (mfuchs@worldpoint.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 18:24:28 EST

To everybody that got my mail with "check this" (your email was in my
address book).

This is the explanation from the originator from whom I got the virus
myself. I had my IS department check the logs. Fortunately, you did not get
the nasty attachment in what the macro sent out from my box, so you
shouldn't have to worry. ;-)

Network Associates reports on the LINK.VBS virus at
http://vil.nai.com/vil/vbs10225.asp. It is nasty, but does not seem to do
lasting damage.

Sorry from my side for this....

Best, Massimo

Do not open any email with "check this" in the subject title. Sorry about
the problem. It seems this email originated from Trados. I thought it was
legit. When I opened and it asked me to install XXX links I pressed "NO" -
but obviously that did not stop the spread of the virus.

I apologize if this has caused any problems. Please forward to anyone in
your address book if you have executed this program.

                                                        Jim Hargrave/Globalsight