Re: U+2118 SCRIPT CAPITAL P

From: Joerg Knappen (KNAPPEN@ALPHA.NTP.SPRINGER.DE)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 06:47:27 EST

John Cowan frug:

> Why doesn't U+2118 SCRIPT CAPITAL P have a compatibility decomposition?
> CAPITAL P.

Because, despite its name, it isn't really Script Capital P at all. Because of
unfortunate unification, three different characters were lumped together at
U+2118: Script Capital P, Weierstrass P, and Powerset symbol.

The picture in the UNicode 2.0 book clearly shows a Weierstrass P and if I got
the news right, it will continue to be a Weierstrass P -- under the wrong name,
of course.

Powerset symbol looks like a >>Capital Weierstrass P<<, while Capital Script P
should have a different shape (like in Kuenstler Script fonts).

--J"org Knappen