Re: Off topic: Italian dialects (was RE: Unicode 3.0 press statements

From: Erland Sommarskog (sommar@algonet.se)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 15:49:57 EST

Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com writes:
>Could anyone suggest a more appropriate mailing list for chatting about
>linguistic curiosities? I think that many people on the list, me included,
>would love it.

I don't know of any good mailling-list off hand, but the newsgroup
sci.lang could be an interesting place to hang out. Being an open
newsgroup it is of course vitcim to loonies who present the most
absurd ideas. But the group is also frequented by knowledgable
lingquists as well as initiated laymen, and you can pick up a few
pieces of interesting facts there,

--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, sommar@algonet.se