Re: Statistically speaking...

From: Tex Texin (
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 14:06:36 EST

I was going to unsubscribe to prove my point, but then
I would miss all the messages marveling at how right I was...
Thanks to the wonderful Sarasvati for keeping my facts in check.

Sarasvati wrote:
> Our own very wise Tex Texin said:
> > Whenever we have this much mail we start to see lots of
> > unsubscribes.
> Statistically speaking, Mr. Texin is right as rain in
> April. In this instance, however, I must report that
> he is temporarily factually challenged (i.e., statistics
> gathered over the last three halves of a day refute his
> above-mentioned assertion).
> Statistically speaking, over the course of known history,
> Mr. Texin is correct: avalanches of off-topic ramblings
> on this list frequently lead to acute measurable increases
> in decreasing participation.
> Over the course of this vulgar discussion, however,
> I am ecstatic to report a negative loss of audience.
> This must prove something, but I am inexplicably reluctant
> to exclaim "QED!"
> With warmest regards from your cheery statistician,
> -- Sarasvati

Progress is a proud sponsor of the 16th International Unicode Conference
March 27-30, 2000 in Amsterdam, Holland
See our panel on Open Source Approaches to Unicode Libraries
Tex Texin                      Director, International Products
Progress Software Corp.        Voice:         +1-781-280-4271
14 Oak Park                      Fax:         +1-781-280-4655
Bedford, MA 01730  USA    The #1 Embedded Database JMS Compliant Messaging- Best Middleware Award Leading provider in the ASP marketplace

Progress Globalization Program ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Spanish Proverb: Don't speak unless you can improve on the silence. Tex's Proverb: Don't email unless you can improve on the screen saver.