RE: Transliteration

From: mark.davis@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 16:48:39 EST

You can see (or checkout) the data files online:

 at http://www10.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/cvs/icu

For example, the data file for the Greek transliteration rules and basic
locale data are at the following two locations:

http://www10.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/cvs/~checkout~/icu/data/translit/lgreek.txt?rev=1.2&content-type=text/plain
http://www10.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/cvs/~checkout~/icu/data/el.txt?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain

(if your emailer wraps these lines you might have to reconstruct the URLs.)

The source format for the locale data is not XML, having predated it.
However, it would be a trivial matter to convert it, and we are looking at
using XML for the source format in the future.

Mark
___
Mark Davis, IBM Center for Java Technology, Cupertino
(408) 777-5850 [fax: 5891], mark.davis@us.ibm.com, president@unicode.org
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=10275+N.+De+Anza&csz=95014

jarkko.hietaniemi@nokia.com on 2000.03.06 13:03:57