Re: DIN 5007, Swiss Sorting

From: Mark Davis (
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 10:12:06 EST

The discussion on is not particularly convincing. Using outlines, pairs of letters written together (which would naturally follow titlecase convention), and history as evidence for collation order is a complete stretch. The only real evidence is provided by actual collation orders in practice.

There, different sources vary quite a bit. The Concise Oxford Dictionary is not the only authority -- the English language does not (thank the gods) depend on a centralized authority like the French Academy.