Re: Layout of Unicode 3.0 book with FrameMaker

From: Mark Davis (markdavis@ispchannel.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 11:17:11 EDT

The problem is the conversion of the existing formatted text. We have already gone through 2 conversions: the first was from Quark to FrameMaker, which was to give us better overall book generation; the second was from FrameMaker on the Mac to Framemaker on Windows.

Both of these conversions were *extremely* painful, and took many person-months to do -- far more than we anticipated. Ideally, FrameMaker would move to supporting Unicode, and we wouldn't have to convert again, but I don't know what Adobe's plans are (anyone have an idea?).

Mark