Re: Double Byte enabled

From: Suzanne Topping (stopping@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 20:54:12 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: John O'Conner <John.Oconner@eng.sun.com>

> References to "double-byte enabled" make me think that your application
doesn't
> use Unicode at all, since the term is completely inappropriate for
Unicode-based
> applications.

I think this is probably more an issue of the document's author not
understanding the current status of character support methods... He works
with client/server software, but is not an engineer, and he was describing a
problem encontered at some point when translating a help system into
Japanese.

Given the product type that he works on, I doubt they are still back in the
old days of double byte enablement methods. But hey, you never know.