Re: HTML question clarfication

From: Suzanne Topping (stopping@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 13:09:31 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh@sina.sharif.ac.ir>

> On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Suzanne Topping wrote:
>
> > The closest you will be able to get in this case is to use Unicode as
the
> > character set and UTF-8 as the encoding.
>
> Isn't there any mechanism in HTML that allows multiple charsets?

I remember reading somewhere that you can specify different encodings within
cascading style sheets, but then what happens on a user's browser, when it
is set to a specific encoding? I assume that only the section of the page
that specifies that encoding would display correctly, and the rest would be
garbage.