Re: COPYLEFT SIGN

From: Bernd Warken (bwarken@mayn.de)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 16:39:34 EDT

> You cannot stipulate this. "Copyright" is commonly translated.

In German, it is not translated.

> I would translate my name as Immersohn. Which exactly proves my point.

That's not right. Immersohn would be Alwaysson. So you see that
translations are quite dangerous.

> Whoever made up the word "copyleft" was playing with the word
> "right". It is cute, but it is not conceptually parseable (as
> "copyright" is).

Whoever made up the word "Microhard" was playing with the word
"soft". It is cute, but it is not conceptually parseable (as
"Microsoft" is).

Bernd Warken <bwarken@mayn.de>