RE: Copyleft.net admits it's a logo

From: Michael Everson (everson@egt.ie)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 06:15:49 EDT

Ar 00:29 -0800 2000-05-31, scríobh Robert Brady:
>On Wed, 31 May 2000, Michael Kaplan (Trigeminal Inc.) wrote:
>
>> Well, its slightly different when the very group that is just about
>> universally attributed as the original source for the character is the one
>> calling it a logo.
>
>copyleft.net are just some random people. I strongly suspect they postdate
>the first instance of the copyleft sign.
>
>whether I can find an attestation of this is another matter...

Can you guys stop this? This isn't very polite to people who has come to us
with a request for characters. We've told them what the criteria are: show
us lots of non-logo real usages of the character in plain text. We've also
told them to consider using the PUA (a good short-term solution for their
immediate local printing and processing needs) and to consider using
combining character technology, in which case their character/logo/thingy
is already encoded for real and they can rejoice.

Michael Everson ** Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.egt.ie
Vox +353 1 478 2597 ** Fax +353 1 478 2597 ** Mob +353 86 807 9169