Re: Technique to use UNICODE to get Oriya fonts.

From: brendan_murray@lotus.com
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 10:24:43 EDT

"Prof. K.C.Mahapatra" <krishnam@dte.vsnl.net.in> wrote
> We are working on a project (in C - language) to use the
conventional key
> boards to write in 'Oriya' fonts. Please give us the technique to use
> UNICODE for this purpose.

My experience has been that the simplest solution is to use Windows 2000:
everything then is Unicode and works perfectly (remember to explicitly call
the wide versions of the API's). You may have a problem sourcing an Oriya
font, though, since most of those I have seen are those dreadful
ASCII-hacked things tha create partial glyphs.

B=