Re: Bengali: variants of same conjunct

From: Arijit Upadhyay (arijit@ganashakti.co.in)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 11:28:56 EDT

From the readings of the thread since yesterday I find that this an issue as
yet unresolved. BUt perhaps Abdul's and John Hudson's advise that I could
try upon.

> recommend using a Stylistic Alternate feature <salt> in an OpenType font,
(john)

>Ka Virama Ya -> Ko zophola
>Ka Virama YYa -> KoZophola ligature - (Abdul)

As for Abdul's query on whether the fonts are for win/mac/internet/word
processing. I would say they are primaryly for win / internet /
word-processing, but plans for macintosh as well. I have tried to make my
fonts pc/mac compatible. (see http://www.bangasanskriti.com ).

Now a side issue, I feel we go in for a newsgroup where the postings could
be better organised, and easily accessible.

Thanks
arijit