Re: Chinese characters in Java Applet

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov (
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 12:14:36 EDT

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 02:20:39 -0800, Parvinder Singh(EHPT) wrote:

> I am trying to to display chinese characters stored in Unicode format in
> oracle database through a Java applet in the browser. The applet uses JDBC
> calls and thin driver.
> The oracle resides on Sun Solaris server . But the applet is not showing the
> characters correctly. My browser has chinese fonts.
> Do I need to have something else at client side ? What all additional things
> are needed to accomplish the chinese character display in the applet ?

Yes, you need to tell client-side AWT which platform fonts to use. I
have posted a sample entries for win32 just few days
ago, solaris is not very different.

If you missed that post of mine, just drop me a note and I'll forward
it to you.

SY, Uwe

--                         |       Zu Grunde kommen            |       Ist zu Grunde gehen