Re: UTF-8N?

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 14:17:14 EDT

Chris Fynn wrote:

> Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:
>
> > ... I think the suggestion that BOM and ZWNBSP be
> > de-unified, which I have heard before, may make the best sense.
>
> *If* that's the solution, it should be done yesterday. The longer it takes the
> more implementations (and data) there will be that needs to be changed.

It *was* done yesterday. In fact, it was done yester*year*.

See http://www.unicode.org/unicode/alloc/Pipeline.html

U+2060 ZERO WIDTH WORD JOINER was accepted by the UTC on 99-Oct-26.

Now we are pushing through the long, bureaucratic process of getting
this accepted into 10646-1, so it we maintain synchronicity with a
joint publication of it as a *standard* character.

--Ken