Re: The Roman numerals for dozenal digits??

From: Michael Everson (everson@egt.ie)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 06:56:51 EDT

Ar 02:09 -0800 2000-06-28, scríobh rampshot@usa.net:
>Only if you call "V" the same glyph as "5"!!!!
>I want the new digits to be:
>U+218A DUODECIMAL DIGIT TEN aka TURNED DIGIT TWO
>U+218B DUODECIMAL DIGIT ELEVEN aka REVERSED DIGIT THREE
>Don't worry; I'll be filling out the form in my best cursive :)
>The reason I chose these codepoints is because they end in the hex digits for
>ten and eleven. I think that this is the most logical place to put these new
>characters.

But these are actual digits, they are not number forms. And are you sure
you want them in the BMP? Another possible place for them would be with
other elements of the math set, such as right before the other digits in
the alphanumeric set in the SMP.

I definitely favour the name DUODECIMAL DIGIT TEN (and not TURNED DIGIT
TWO). Interestingly, Tengwar also has duodecimal digits. :-)

Michael Everson ** Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.egt.ie
Vox +353 1 478 2597 ** Fax +353 1 478 2597 ** Mob +353 86 807 9169