Re: Mixing languages on a Web site

From: Andrew Cunningham (andjc@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 09:57:04 EDT

Hi Mike

To use microsoft's global IME for Japanese on NT4, there is one very
important step you need to do ... install NT4 Japanese support .. there are
a few articles about it in the Microsoft knowledge base .. i have the urls
at work, don't have them with me at the moment ...

on the win NT4 cdrom there is a folder somewhere called langpacks ... use
windows explorer to look in it ... there is a file called japanese.inf ..
right mouse click on it .. a pop up menu will appear ... on of the menu
items is 'install' .. select this .. and it will install NT4's Japanese
langauge support .. this should be installed before the global IME for
Japanese ... otherwise it will not work ... at least that's the story ...

ciao

Andrew

Andrew Cunningham
andjc@ozemail.com.au