CP1097 and CP1098

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 10:59:53 EDT

Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh@sina.sharif.ac.ir> wrote:

> Can someone give me some or any information about CP1097 and CP1098
> which are for IBM Persian? I could not find their mapping table at the
> Unicode ftp site. Shouldn't them be there?

Only if someone already had access to them and thought to provide a
table in Unicode's preferred format.

As you probably noticed, the Persian IBM tables aren't the only ones
missing from the Unicode site; most of IBM's proprietary tables aren't
there. Four of the more common IBM EBCDIC tables (037, 500, 875, 1026)
are included with Microsoft's files, probably because they were
contributed by Microsoft people, and a couple of others are in the
"Misc" directory; but many more are not on the FTP site at all, notably
1047 but also the infamous 270's and 280's that were apparently assigned
one-to-a-country. For those you need to visit Keld Jørn Simonsen's FTP
site at <ftp://dkuug.dk/i18n/WG15-collection/charmaps>.

I assume you've already done this, but I'll do a quick Web search for
CP1097 and CP1098 to see what turns up.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California