What is this "case folding"?

From: 11digitboy@bolt.com
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 10:49:57 EDT

If it is what I think it is, I don't want it in English.
How could it tell "aids" from "AIDS", for instance?
Or "joy" from "Joy"(name)?

--
Robert Lozyniak
Accusplit pedometer, purchased about 2000a07l01d19h45mZ,

---- brendan_murray@lotus.com wrote: > Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com wrote: > > - Can these mutations only occur after a determinative, > or can they also > be > > at the beginning of a sentence? > I don't believe they can occur at the beginning > of a sentence. The most > common construct occurs after "na" (meaning "of"); > "Ambasáid na hÉireann" > (Embassy of Ireland) is an example commonly encountered > outside Ireland. > However, they can occur after other words. > > > - Is this automatically implemented in the case > folding function of > > localized word processors? > No, not unless some new word processor has been > launched in the past year > or so. > > B=

___________________________________________________________________ Get your own FREE Bolt Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax, all in one place - sign up at http://www.bolt.com