Re: Bug in TR 19, and fancy HTML in TR's

From: Erik van der Poel (erik@netscape.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 20:15:02 EDT

Doug Ewell wrote:

> I understand the need and desirability to use Unicode features in a
> Unicode technical report, I just don't see the major advantage of
> embedding Javascript in one.
>
> I wonder if Erik or some other Netscape person can examine the TR and
> figure out what NN 4.06 doesn't like about it.

Apparently, when the document contains some JavaScript that performs
document.write or .writeln, then Navigator tries to use a cached version
of the document.written stream when printing, and it is getting the >
and &lt; within <PRE> wrong. As Kat mentioned separately, a workaround
is to clear the disk cache (Edit | Prefs | Advanced | Cache) just before
printing. Sorry.

Or the document.write can be removed from TR22, but I don't know whether
that workaround is acceptable to the authors.

Erik