RE: (off-topic) Kana-only tills!? (was RE: Subset of Unicode to r epre

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 07:55:29 EDT

Kevin Bracey wrote:
> Obviously one of your competitor's products I saw then :)
> Seriously though,
> you're right - a modern till is often a DOS box or something
> with a full CRT,
> so can be expected to handle kanji. 5 or 10 years ago it
> would have been
> a different question.

Well, I hate acting like a marketing guy, but DOS tills with a small CRT
were popular 10 or more years ago. Since 5 years or so, Windows NT solutions
with 15" touch screens are more common. (Oh, I fill so dirty, I must see
some source code immediately... Anyone interested in this, please *don't*
ask me: see http://www.icl.com/retail/ :-)

_ Marco