RE: APL letters

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 15:00:52 EDT

One interesting possibility for representing the APL italic characters would
be to use the math italic alphabet in plane 1. The motivation for their use
in APL is similar to that for the math case: the characters are separate
symbols, e.g., they don't get grouped into natural language words. In fact,
they typically represent math variables, so using the same notation is
natural as well as helpful if you want to write an APL program to study a
mathematical expression.

Murray