RE: Font for Japanese && US applications

From: Alan Wood (alan.wood@context.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 10:31:59 EDT

Pierre Vaures (p-vaures@heimannsystems.fr) asked:

> We need to display both English and Japanese (Kanji, Hiragana,
> Katakana) characters. We don t find a font able to display both,
> in particular on NT US.

Microsoft supplies fonts that probably do what you want.

MS Gothic is part of the Japanese language pack that should be on your NT 4
CD-ROM. You can also install it via Windows Update on the Tools menu in IE
5.

MS Mincho contains more characters, and is supplied with Office 2000 and
FrontPage 2000.

You can find information about Unicode fonts that support particular
languages and ranges at:
http://www.hclrss.demon.co.uk/unicode/fonts.html
http://www.hclrss.demon.co.uk/unicode/fontsbyrange.html

Alan Wood
(Documentation Writer / Web Master)
Context Limited
(Electronic publishers of UK and EU legal and official documents)
mailto:alan.wood@context.co.uk
http://www.context.co.uk/
http://www.alanwood.net/ (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)