FW: Oracle and Surrogate Pairs

From: samir.mehrotra@mail.iflexsolutions.com
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 06:50:37 EDT

Hi all,
    I have been developing/convering a software to support multiple
languages, especially Japanese, Korean and later on French etc.
i have increased all the required fields by a factor of 3. Keeping "True,
but within a year or so, there *will* be surrogates assigned in Unicode. "
in mind what do you think i should be the value of this "factor" i should
have.

Thanks & Regards,
Samir Mehrotra,
i-flex Solutions Limited,