Erratum on Unicode Web site

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 01:29:04 EDT

I like the new layout of the Unicode Web site. It presents a clean,
uniform, and dignified look. I can't think of many Web sites that can
say the same.

I did find a typo, however. From the page titled "Technical Work" at
<http://www.unicode.org/unicode/techwork.html>:

> The Unicode Standard was the basis for the Universal Character
> Set, two-octet form (USC-2) of ISO/IEC 10646. (See the Technical
> Introduction). The Unicode Standard's 65,536 code values are the
> first 65,536 code values of ISO 10646.

That should be "UCS-2," of course, not "USC-2."

Also, is it really correct to say that Unicode represents only the
BMP while 10646 represents the entire code space? I know that was once
considered true, but not any more.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California