Swiss numerical format (war einmal: What is ` (U+0060) for?)

From: J%ORG KNAPPEN (KNAPPEN@ALPHA.NTP.SPRINGER.DE)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 06:47:25 EDT

As an aside:

Are there good (authorative) references on the so called
swiss numerical format with its peculiar thousand separator?

I only know about a manual shipped with some Aldus software product
as a reference. I own several books printed in Switzerland and they
show the typical swiss orthography (lack of ß), but all show one of
the two usual german number formats (. or \, (thin space) as thousands
separator).

--J"org Knappen