RE: Arabic shaping behavior questions

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sina.sharif.ac.ir)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 16:37:23 EDT

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com wrote:

> Thanks! The - Iran System -: that's what I meant. It was on the tip of my
> tongue, but I could not recall the name (BTW, is it also called ISIRI?).

ISIRI is the Iranian standards organization. ISIRI 2900 was the old
charset standard, and ISIRI 3342 is the latest. ISIRI 3342 is the
mentioned source of Unicode characters ZWJ and ZWNJ known as Psuedo
Connection and Peuedo Space there.

About character to letter ratio, it is 1 to 4 characters per letter in
Iran System, 2 char/letter in ISIRI 2900, and 1 char/letter in ISIRI 3342.

--roozbeh