(off-topic) Erratum in USMARC country codes

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 10:43:40 EDT

Sorry for the off-topic posting. This seemed like a question that
people on the Unicode list might be able to answer.

While browsing through the ISO 639-2/RA Web site (related to our recent
discussion about ISO 639 and 3166, RFC 1766, and Unicode Technical
Report #7), I took a side trip to the USMARC site (also at the U.S.
Library of Congress, www.loc.gov), where I found some minor errors in
the country code list. There is one entity missing (the Canadian
territory of Nunavut) and several entities that are not cross-listed
properly.

Does anyone (particularly Jim Agenbroad) know where I should send these
corrections, or what steps I should go through? The USMARC Web site
lists about 8 or 10 individuals and I have no way of knowing which one
is the "right" contact person.

Thanks,

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California