Re: Astral Planes

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 23:41:19 EDT

On 09/12/2000 09:23:01 PM "James Kass" wrote:

>> I can't stand "astral planes". The term suggests, to me at
>> least, that these planes (and, hence, the characters in them)
>> are not as "real" as the BMP.
>>

>Stars are real.

This may be true, but it doesn't help everyday users to understand the
standard any better, particularly those for whom English may be a fourth or
fifth language. And I can't see "astral" surviving translation very well.
"Supplementary planes" may be boring, but it works.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>