From: Carl W. Brown (
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 12:17:12 EDT

I was unaware that they were moving back to the Latin alphabet.
What jumps out at me is that case conversion code like the code that I just
submitted for inclusion into ICU is wrong. Turkish is not the only language
with dotted and dot less i. I assume that Tatar and Bashkir should follow
the same rules as Turkish. Are there other languages?

So I guess that I should check for "ba", "tt" & "tr" for special case
shifting. I presume that the alphabet is listed in proper sort order?