RE: TATAP => TATAR

From: Carl W. Brown (cbrown@xnetinc.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 19:21:27 EDT

What might make more sense is to handle Turkic Languages as a group in special casing. If the language sticks with a Cyrillic script for example, the Latin casing is moot. But maybe it is not entirely moot because it will properly handle words in sister languages. I suspect that there will be more that will drop Cyrillic in favor of either Latin or Arabic scripts.

This way it does not matter if a language is written in Latin, Cyrillic or Arabic scripts or a combination of the three.

Whether all Turkic languages use the dotless i is another matter.

Carl