Re: surrogate terminology

From: John Cowan (
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 10:23:52 EDT

Asmus Freytag wrote:

> With that, the discussion is effectively settled

Well and good. Now that there is no faintest possibility that anyone will use it
as an official term, I will resume saying "Astral Planes" and "Basic Mundane Plane".

I am also pushing, informally, the term "zigamorph" for the non-character
U+FFFF, based on its use within IBM as a term for EBCDIC FF, also a non-character.

There is / one art                   || John Cowan <>
no more / no less                    ||
to do / all things                   ||
with art- / lessness                 \\ -- Piet Hein