RE: CJK combining components (was "Giga Character Set":

From: Chris Pratley (chrispr@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 18:19:05 EDT

Unicode certainly is pre-existing - we're in the 10th year of it in Windows
NT, and the 7th year in Office (if you count the start of development for
Office97 in 1994). We have plenty of pre-existing unalterable Unicode
implementations to interact with. (about 70 million copies worth). Our
legacy installed base is now more Unicode than not by a wide margin (for
Office, not Windows).

Chris Pratley
Group Program Manager
Microsoft Word

Sent with Office10 build2209 wordmail on