Re: Myanmar Script (1000-109F)

From: Werner LEMBERG (wl@gnu.org)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 04:23:44 EDT

> There are a few things you should look at. One is the Linux FreeType
> project at
>
> http://www.freetype.org

A small correction: FreeType has *nothing* to do with Linux in
particular. It is written in ANSI C and supports all platforms. We
have users for Mac and Windows also.

> The FreeType team are currently working at adding complex script
> support, which will most likely mirror handling of Unicode shaping
> rules as implemented by Windows Uniscribe (and, I presume, Apple
> ATSUI).

FreeType 1.x (as can be found in the current snapshot; note that there
is no further development on the 1.x series) has full GSUB and GPOS
support.

There is no complex script support in FreeType 2. Instead, we have
started to work on a text layout engine built on top of FreeType 2.
More details to come in the next weeks on www.freetype.org.

    Werner