Q.'s about hanja

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@europe.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 09:29:26 EST

I have some questions about the usage of hanja (Chinese characters) in

1) Is it correct to say that hanja are only used for words derived from
Chinese, and never for genuninely Korean words?

2) Is it true that hanja have been abolished in North Korea? When did this

3) How often are hanja used today, however? (All the Korean web pages I come
across are totally in hangul, including

4) How do Koreans input hanja on computers?

_ Marco

(P.S.: I hope cross posting is not forbidden in these two mailing lists.)

Prego di notare che il mio indirizzo di e-mail č ora:
Il mio vecchio indirizzo verrā chiuso fra pochi giorni.

Please notice that my e-mail address is now:
My old address will be discontinued within a few days.

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com