Re: string vs. char [was Re: Java and Unicode]

From: David Starner (dvdeug@x8b4e516e.dhcp.okstate.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 10:31:54 EST

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 06:54:27AM -0800, Michael (michka) Kaplan wrote:
> From: "Marco Cimarosti" <marco.cimarosti@europe.com>
>
> > the Surrograte (aka "Astral") Planes.
>
> I believe the UTC has deprecated the term Astral planes with extreme
> prejudice. HTH!

The UTC has chosen not use the term Astral Plane. Keeping that in mind,
I can chose to use whatever terms I want, realizing of course that some
may not get my point across. The UTC chose Surrogate Planes for perceived
functionality and translatability; I chose Astral Planes for perceived grace
and beauty.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org