Re: string vs. char [was Re: Java and Unicode]

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 10:52:09 EST

I think the issue is more one of the semantic meaning that terms like
astral, imaginary, irrational, or other such terms bring to the table?

Refusing to potentially insult the people who place importance on the
characters that will be encoded on places on than the BMP is a thing of
grace and beauty (much moreso than the insult would be!).

I think the UTC action is a responsible one.

(Just my two cents)

michka

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/