Re: Open-Type Support (was: Greek Prosgegrammeni)

From: David Starner (dvdeug@x8b4e516e.dhcp.okstate.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 10:18:40 EST

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 04:19:42AM -0800, Marco Cimarosti wrote:
> - Omega (http://omega-system.sourceforge.net).
> Built on top of the old and glorious TeX typesetting system. It may becaome
> (or already is?) the standard for Unicode in Linux.

I've never seen Omega used under Linux, nor have I found any good (English)
documentation for it, although it is shipped with tetex and hence with Debian
and probably other Linux distributions. FreeType seems to support OpenType
fonts. Pango (http://www.pango.org) apparently is going to use FreeType at
some point, but is currently hacking some complex script support into bdf
(http://www.wholehog.fsnet.co.uk/robert/indic/fonts.html).

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org