Re: [totally OT] Unicode terminology (was Re: string vs. char [was Re: Java and Unicode])

From: 11digitboy@bolt.com
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 08:02:18 EST

If the difference between "A" and "a" is called "case",
what is the difference between HIRAGANA LETTER YA
and KATAKANA LETTER YA called? (I think either of
those letters would do to describe this with the
new code pages. The description would be enhanced
by liberal application of HIRAGANA-KATAKANA LONG
VOWEL MARK.)

I like "Astral Planes" better.
Will they include INUKTITUT VIGESIMAL DIGITs?

I should have voted Sarasvati for US President. Instead
I voted for Saotome Nodoka.

/
_
\