gb 18030 mapping available

From: Markus Scherer (
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 14:45:24 EST

Hi all,

Yesterday, I received the re-released mapping table for GB 18030.
I updated the ICU implementation with this, in time for ICU 1.7.

George and I also converted the mapping data into XML format, using the new <range> element that was accepted at the last UTC meeting to avoid listing 1.1 million assignments.
You will find this data linked from the ICU homepage, - see "News/Events" on the right side.

Note that single surrogates are not mapped any more, and that the Euro sign was moved from GB+80 to GB+A2E3. There are no fallback mappings any more, only roundtrip mappings.