Re: Transcriptions of "Unicode"

From: addison@inter-locale.com
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 07:20:10 EST

Hi Mark,

You're right, but I believe what Erik is saying is that you can get
Japanese-looking characters to be *preferred* over Chinese-looking
characters (where fonts drawn in both styles are available) by using a
LANG attribute for a specific page or SPAN. This could increase the
acceptance of using UTF-8 as a page encoding in Asia....

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips Principal Consultant
Inter-Locale LLC http://www.inter-locale.com
Los Gatos, CA, USA mailto:addison@inter-locale.com

+1 408.210.3569 (mobile) +1 408.904.4762 (fax)
Globalization Engineering & Consulting Services