Re: Keymap for Iranian Keyboards

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 15:16:05 EST

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Mark Leisher wrote:

> You are probably looking for the ISIRI 2901-1994 layout. You can find images
> and a simple ASCII mapping table here:
>
> http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/persian.html

The latest national standard, is ISIRI 2901-1994. And in my opponion, it
has many advantages for general Persian texts over all available
keyboards.

I'm not sure, but I think the last time I checked the mapping table, it
had some problems. But the picture is correct. A scanned version of the
real standard is also available from:

http://sina.sharif.ac.ir/~roozbeh/farsiweb/2901/1.gif
http://sina.sharif.ac.ir/~roozbeh/farsiweb/2901/2.gif
http://sina.sharif.ac.ir/~roozbeh/farsiweb/2901/3.gif
http://sina.sharif.ac.ir/~roozbeh/farsiweb/2901/4.gif

Please note that the part of the appendix related to Hamza may be
inappropriate with Unicode.

--roozbeh