Re: Keymap for Iranian Keyboards

From: Roozbeh Pournader (
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 15:16:05 EST

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Mark Leisher wrote:

> You are probably looking for the ISIRI 2901-1994 layout. You can find images
> and a simple ASCII mapping table here:

The latest national standard, is ISIRI 2901-1994. And in my opponion, it
has many advantages for general Persian texts over all available

I'm not sure, but I think the last time I checked the mapping table, it
had some problems. But the picture is correct. A scanned version of the
real standard is also available from:

Please note that the part of the appendix related to Hamza may be
inappropriate with Unicode.