Re: Transcriptions of "Unicode"

From: addison@inter-locale.com
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 02:35:25 EST

But NN6 *does* select a font for characters outside the so-called user's
locale when said characters are in a UTF-8 page. It appears that this
mechanism is somewhat haphazard for CJK unified ideographs: I get a mix of
fonts usually (probably because ja is in my locale "stack" currently and
'zh' and 'ko' are not, so I guess Japanese fonts are preferred for
characters that are in JIS X 208 ??).

AP

Addison P. Phillips Principal Consultant
Inter-Locale LLC http://www.inter-locale.com
Los Gatos, CA, USA mailto:addison@inter-locale.com

+1 408.210.3569 (mobile) +1 408.904.4762 (fax)
Globalization Engineering & Consulting Services