Re: OT (Kind of): Determining whether Locales are left-to-right or

From: John Cowan (
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 13:08:31 EST wrote:

> Hi John,
> I think we're saying the same thing: the language of the page is the base
> directionality. If the application is localized into Hebrew, then the base
> directionality is RTL.

Okay, good. In that case by "user locale" you mean "language of the (fixed
parts of the) page", which is confusing; David was interpreting it as
"locale set in the browser".

There is / one art                   || John Cowan <>
no more / no less                    ||
to do / all things                   ||
with art- / lessness                 \\ -- Piet Hein