Re: Font help

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 13:14:19 EST

Michael Everson wrote:

> I have no idea how I should encode such a font. Help?

According to a suitable legacy encoding, such as JIS X 0208,
Shift-JIS, or MacJapanese. What you will have is a font which
provides glyphs for only a few coded characters, but no matter.
It's just like an 8859-1 encoded font with glyphs only for
A-Z and a-z, which is common enough.

You could also support the katakana fingerspellings only in an
8-bit font encoded using JIS X 0201. Mapping tables for all
of these are available at http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS
under EASTASIA/JIS and VENDORS/APPLE.

--
There is / one art                   || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>